What is it?
The Work-Study Certificate (WSCert) is for individuals who wish to gain industry-relevant skills and knowledge to build on what they have acquired in school through a work-study arrangement, with a competitive starting salary.
Participating employers can recruit local graduates and prepare them for suitable job roles. The WSCert is one of the programmes under the SkillsFuture Work-Study Programmes that is offered by Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs) and appointed private providers. It is designed in collaboration with the industry to ensure relevance to employers in the sectors.
Modular Certificate and WSQ Certificate
Who is it for:
Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents who are within three years of graduation from the ITE and Polytechnics, or the Operational Ready Date for full-time National Servicemen.
How Does it Work:
You will be matched with a job related to your discipline of study and undergo a 12- to 18-month structured training programme. The programme includes facilitated learning, on-the-job training and work-based projects. You will have an assigned workplace mentor and enjoy a well-structured career progression pathway. At the end of the programme, you will receive an industry-recognised certificate and potential wage progression or career advancement based on performance.
How Will I Benefit:
- Receive a competitive starting salary and full-time employment with participating companies
- Deepen your skills through structured workplace learning, mentorship, and facilitated learning
- Acquire industry relevant work experience and skills
- Attain an industry-recognised certificate
- Receive a sign-on incentive of S$5,0001
- Potentially enjoy skills-based wage increments and career advancement pathways upon programme completion, depending on performance
For fresh graduates who are Singapore Citizens and within three years of graduation or Operationally Ready Date for full-time National Servicemen only
Who is it for:
Companies, societies and non-profit that are registered or incorporated in Singapore can participate in this programme.
How Does it Work:
You can participate as a host employer and open your workplace to offer structured training to suitable candidates. By doing so, you will have the opportunity to groom and retain suitable talent with the relevant skills and aptitude to meet the needs of your organisation. Trainees will receive guidance from mentors from the IHLs and the training providers, to support their continued learning and contribution towards your business growth.
How Will My Organisation Benefit?
- Groom and retain suitable talent with the relevant skills and aptitude to meet the needs of your company.
- Receive a grant of up to $15,000 per individual placed in the programme to defray the costs of developing and providing structured on-job-training.
- Receive time-limited COVID-19 wage support for up to 12 months for new trainees hired from 1 Sep 2020 to 31 Mar 2022, pegged at 45% gross monthly wages (inclusive of Jobs Support Scheme) and existing trainees who were part of the WSP as of 1 Sep 2020, pegged at 70% of gross monthly wages (inclusive of JSS).
FAQs for the COVID-19 wage support.Sign Up
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
SkillsFuture Advice is a community outreach initiative that complements existing advisory services and resources to help...
SkillsFuture Career Transition Programme
The SkillsFuture Career Transition Programme (SCTP) supports mid-career individuals in acquiring industry-relevant skills to improve...
TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA)
TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA) is a framework of initiatives for professional development for current information and...
Education and Career Guidance
The SkillsFuture for Digital Workplace programme aims to prepare the workforce with the right skills.